- Great Teachers
- Great Schools
- Great Results
Strategic School Partnerships
BPE concentrates its work in a small group of strategic partner schools. By combining BPE resources—including our teacher residency, instructional coaching, and data services—we’re creating ideal conditions for new teachers to learn and helping schools develop consistently ambitious instruction that results in significant leaps in student achievement.
Partner schools host up to 20 aspiring teachers (“residents”) each year and agree to a shared vision of coherent, data-driven, ambitious instruction. BPE, in turn, commits to hold itself accountable for how much students learn in every partner school.
Our supports include:
- intensive data support, including school-wide, grade-level, and classroom-level analyses of student performance to guide decisions and assess progress.
- placement of graduates from our residency program at the school site, ensuring the school has a cadre of high-quality staff.
- additional highly skilled and committed teachers-in-training working full-time in classrooms; our teacher residents increase the school’s adult-to-student ratio and contribute to students’ learning.
- structured observation, feedback, and coaching for teacher residents, collaborating teachers, and other staff.
- content-specific coaching for graduates of our residency program and their colleagues.
- facilitation to help teacher residents and their mentors make sense of student data and use that information to inform their teaching.
- support to school leaders as they examine patterns in student achievement, set improvement goals, and build the capacity of teacher teams to improve outcomes.
* BTR Teaching Academy